We understand that moving home is a stressful time. That’s why our approach is to work closely with you to understand and resolve any concerns you have and help make the process as quick and stress-free as possible.
How we can help
We know that your home is likely to be your most valuable asset. That is one of the reasons why we take so much care when we are instructed to buy or sell a property for a client. Here at Burd Ward every client is treated as an individual. Our approach is designed to give you the service you deserve. We can help you with buying and selling a leasehold or freehold property for yourself or as a ‘buy to let’. Our job is to make sure that you get the best service and advice so that your sale and / or purchase are as smooth and risk free as they can be.
Conveyancing made easy
The chances are that, if you have not been involved in buying a house or selling a house in the past, the term conveyancing will not mean a lot to you. At Burd Ward, we go out of our way to de-mystify conveyancing and our experienced staff will guide you through the conveyancing process, step-by-step.
Our residential property and conveyancing services include:
- Sale of property (freehold and leasehold)
- Purchase of property (freehold and leasehold)
- Buy to Let
- Shared ownership purchases
- Transfer of equity
- Declarations of trust
- Assured shorthold tenancies
- Deeds of gift
- Matrimonial transfers
- Equity release
- Part or Full Exchange of Properties
Why use Burd Ward?
Our expert conveyancing team know the property industry inside out, particularly in and around the Wirral area.
Our team of qualified Solicitors and expert Conveyancers are supported by highly trained legal staff who focus exclusively on the documentation relating to your move. This means that your personal conveyancer has the time to work with you in making informed decisions when managing your case. We also have direct access to the Land Registry, and other databases, enabling us to be at the forefront of residential property conveyancing and execute quick and effective searches to ensure your transaction progresses quickly.
The cost of buying or selling a house is affected by numerous factors such as whether the property is leasehold or freehold. We will at the start of the conveyancing process provide you with a detailed quoting providing our fees and the likely disbursements that will be incurred on your behalf.
To give an idea of the likely charges we’ve included an example of fees below
Up to £180,000
Our fees on a sale or purchase start at £550.00 plus VAT of £110.00
On a leasehold sale or purchase our fees start at £650.00 plus VAT of £130.00
Up to £300,000
Our fees on a sale or purchase start at £625.00 plus VAT of £125.00
On a leasehold sale or purchase our fees start at £850.00 plus VAT of £170.00
Up to £500,000
Our fees on a sale or purchase start at £795.00 plus VAT of £159.00
On a leasehold sale or purchase our fees start at £875.00 plus VAT of £175.00
Please contact us directly.
In addition to the above we may charge an additional fee for the below:
• Purchase of shared ownership of an existing lease £175.00 plus VAT of £35.00
• Purchase of a shared ownership on a new lease £250.00 plus VAT of £50.00
• If dealing with a Help to Buy ISA a fee of £50.00 plus VAT of £10 will apply
• If dealing with a Help to Buy Mortgage a fee of £350.00 plus VAT of £70.00 will apply
You will likely incur other costs and disbursements that are payable to third parties which may include:
• Office copies £3.00
• Official searches £3.00
• Bankruptcy searches £2.00 per person
• Identification searches £6.00 inc. VAT per person
• Bank transfer fee of £25.00 pus VAT of £5.00 per transfer
• Land registration fees – please refer to the Governments’ Land Registration services fees page
• Stamp Duty or Land Transaction Tax – please refer to the Government SDLT Calculator or the Welsh Revenue Authority LTT Calculator if buying a property in Wales.